I have a new found appreciation for all types of moms: working, stay at home, work at home, single, and especially single working moms. Probably because I am a little bit of all of the above. I am a MSWAHWAOM.
A what? Let’s review letter by letter:
- M is for Married: If this isn’t self explanatory, I’m married. Married for five and a half years.
- S is for Single: Wait, how can I be married and single at the same time? My husband works on ships. He is gone for four to five months at a time. When he is gone I am essentially single. Not single, like I’m going out and hitting the bars single. Single, like I have to do everything when it comes to taking care of the baby, dog, house, yard, cars, finances, etc.
- WAH is for Work At Home: Tuesdays and Thursdays I am lucky enough to work from home. Working while taking care of baby isn’t always easy, but I love the time with my son.
- WAO is for Work At the Office: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I’m in a real office with real professional adults.
- M is for Mom: Last, but not least, I am a mom to an adorable, sometimes whiny, always funny six month old boy.
I have a lot more to write on this subject, but for now I need to get a baby.
P.S. Scrabble those letters around and I’m a “as seen on TV” SHAAMM WOW.